The most common problem faced by the ladies is cervical mucus. This issue becomes more pressing when they are pregnant. They simply keep on wondering about the “Reasons of Cervical Mucus After Ovulation” while coming up short of an answer. However, let us explain it in a simpler manner.
What Is Cervical Mucus?
The cervix produces the cervical fluid. On the increment of the estrogen level, the mucus will also increase with time. When the ovulation period is over, the vagina starts to secrete a white creamy liquid that is thick and yellowish at some instant. Cervical mucus is a hormonal change indicator in the body that plays a vital role in determining the pregnancy phase.
Now, the question is that is it the thing that you must be concern about? There is a number of things that will surround your brain regarding this issue. To make thing easy for you, here is everything that you must know about cervical mucus after ovulation if pregnant. Another thing is that if you want to look out for “Is Cramping After Ovulation sign Of Pregnancy” then you must know that it is not the case every time. There are chances that you are pregnant but don’t be sure with a proper test.
Also Read: Early Pregnancy Discharge
What Does Cervical Mucus Look Like
Below are the types of Cervical Mucus you might encounter during and after the ovulation.
- Dry and sticky – The first and foremost thing that falls in this category will come after mensuration cycle. The amount of mucus in this will decrease and starts to become stickier in nature.
- White, creamy colour and sticky – When the body will move to the pre-ovulation phase, then it will start showing the white, stick and creamy colour In this stage, the chances of pregnancy are not high and below than average.
- Watery and wet – This stage falls after the pre-ovulation change that will specify the beginning of the ovulation period. During this period, the sexual hormone of a woman is at its peak that automatically increase the chance of pregnancy.
- Egg white and stretchy – Now, this is the final stage where ovulation starts. The mucus that will come out of the cervix is egg white in colour that can easily stretch between the fingers. After this period, a lady will start the mensuration stage.
These are the main hormonal changes that a lady went through that can easily determine the ovulation period. You can easily determine the period cycle with the help of ovulation cycle which the cervical mucus. The texture of the cervical mucus shifts from egg white to the stretchy substance then it turns to a sticky object resulting in dry.
What Does Cervical Mucus Look Like After Ovulation
However, there is a difference between the cervical mucus during ovulation and cervical mucus after ovulation. From the above points, you can easily understand about the cervical mucus during the ovulation period. But, Cervical mucus after ovulation will be comparatively thick in texture. If a lady is not pregnant then the texture will be stickier and dry in nature while in case of pregnancy they will either have no discharge or thick mucus.
Change in Cervical Mucus
Cervical fluids present with different characteristics depending on the phase of the menstrual cycle in which the woman is. It is because the hormones that regulate the menstrual cycle also act on the cervix and cause it to produce different mucus secretion at each stage. Therefore, “analyzing” the cervical mucus can help us discover when we are ovulating.
To check in which phase of the cycle we find it is enough to take a sample of cervical mucus with the index finger and touch with the thumb to check its elasticity. The mucus can be taken by inserting a finger into the vagina or after going to the bathroom, which is in the toilet paper.
Before ovulation, when the fertile period has not yet arrived, there is certain dryness: the vulva is not lubricated naturally and that is when it will be harder for us to take a “sample” of mucus. Little by little, as ovulation approaches, the cervical mucus will increase, and the consistency will become increasingly sticky and elastic, in the way we have explained above.
Just before ovulating, the body is ready for conception; the cervical fluid will increase considerably and will be elastic and slippery, similar to egg white. It is the right time to achieve pregnancy.
Cervical mucus after ovulation may be whitish, yellowish or cloudy. The appearance of blood particles or tissues in the mucus may indicate that ovulation has already taken place, these tissues being part of a follicle that has been opened to release the ovum.
It must be remembered that hormonal medication such as that contained in the contraceptive pill and fertility control implants affect these natural signs of fertility, since they are mechanisms that regulate hormone levels and interfere with the functioning of the cervix. Therefore, depending on the type of contraceptive, different times are recommended to abandon them before trying to get pregnant. This sometimes discharges after ovulation if pregnant.
Cervical mucus after Ovulation (If Pregnant)
When a lady is pregnant then the body undergoes certain hormonal changes. Ovulation is one of such hormonal changes that is faced by women. However, it has its own reason that is listed below:
- The cervical mucus is a process through which the bacteria are stopped from the reproductive system inflow.
- When this liquid starts to turn egg white in colour and sticky with texture then it means that your body is ready for pregnancy. The change in the mucus is to keep the sperm, which is transferred by a male, protected so that they can easily flow in the vagina.
- When a lady becomes pregnant then the cervix shifted to lower region from its original one. This shift is to keep the fetus protected to make sure that pregnancy is going the way it should be. However, during the initial days, the cervix mucus will thicken in order to keep any of the external bacteria away from the fetus.
- The reason that the colour and texture of mucus is changed is due to Estrogen. When a lady is pregnant then there is a drastic increase in the secretion of estrogen that will result in the change of texture of mucus.
- Then, the thick mucus will form a plug-like structure that is responsible to save the fetus. When it is time of the baby to come out when it comes out of the vagina in the form of a water
Until a lady reaches the plug stage, there will be an increase in the cervical mucus. It also helps in the increase of vagina’s blood flow. If you are in your initial phase of pregnancy then there is nothing to be worried about since it is healthy and normal for baby and mother. Even if you are scared of implantation bleeding then don’t be. For best answer consult your doctor. However, if you are scared of “How Long Does Implantation Bleeding Last” then don’t be since it will be similar to your mensuration cycle if there is nothing serious.
Understanding the Connection between Ovulation and Cervical Mucus
The cervical mucus is a secretion that occurs inside the cervix and occurs 6 days before ovulation. It has the function of protecting the sperm from the acidity of the vagina, to allow its conservation and mobility to the uterus.
A couple of days before ovulation, the cervical mucus begin to modify the texture. The day of ovulation, the flow becomes more transparent and liquid, in this way, the sperm circulate more easily. Once the sperm come in contact with this substance they can survive almost 72 hours.
Cervical mucus after ovulation, the secretion disappears for 24 hours and becomes a thicker and yellowish substance; this is due to progesterone, in this way the sperm barely move.
To establish a calendar with the most fertile days it is necessary to carry out a daily record of how the mucus varies throughout the cycle.
It is considered that the most fertile day is that of ovulation, the reason is that sperm circulate more easily. Although there are also pregnancy options if relationships are maintained during the days before and after ovulation. Sometimes it discharge after ovulation if pregnant.
Keep in mind that perfect cycles do not exist, so there is control of the appearance of cervical mucus during several cycles to know exactly when it occurs. In this way, there are more options to achieve pregnancy, if that is what you are looking for.
Pregnancy Symptoms other Ovulation Discharge
However, you can’t be sure just through ovulation about your pregnancy. Check Other Pregnancy Symptoms as well:
- Diarrhoea and stomach gas
- Fatigue and dizziness
- Food longings and distastes
- Mood swings due to hormonal changes
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slight cramps
- Swollen and tender breasts
You can always take a pregnancy test to be sure about your pregnancy. Stay Healthy.
You may also like this:
- 1 What Is Cervical Mucus?
- 2 What Does Cervical Mucus Look Like
- 3 Cervical mucus after Ovulation (If Pregnant)