The most common problem faced by the ladies is cervical mucus. This issue becomes more pressing when they are pregnant. They simply keep on wondering about the “Reasons of Cervical Mucus After Ovulation” while coming up short of an answer. However, let us explain it in a simpler manner.
What Is Cervical Mucus?
The cervix produces the cervical fluid. On the increment of the estrogen level, the mucus will also increase with time. When the ovulation period is over, the vagina starts to secrete a white creamy liquid that is thick and yellowish at some instant. Cervical mucus is a hormonal change indicator in the body that plays a vital role in determining the pregnancy phase.
Now, the question is that is it the thing that you must be concern about? There is a number of things that will surround your brain regarding this issue. To make thing easy for you, here is everything that you must know about cervical mucus after ovulation if pregnant. Another thing is that if you want to look out for “Is Cramping After Ovulation sign Of Pregnancy” then you must know that it is not the case every time. There are chances that you are pregnant but don’t be sure with a proper test.
What Does Cervical Mucus Look Like
Below are the types of Cervical Mucus you might encounter during and after the ovulation.
- Dry and sticky – The first and foremost thing that falls in this category will come after mensuration cycle. The amount of mucus in this will decrease and starts to become stickier in nature.
- White, creamy colour and sticky – When the body will move to the pre-ovulation phase, then it will start showing the white, stick and creamy colour In this stage, the chances of pregnancy are not high and below than average.
- Watery and wet – This stage falls after the pre-ovulation change that will specify the beginning of the ovulation period. During this period, the sexual hormone of a woman is at its peak that automatically increase the chance of pregnancy.
- Egg white and stretchy – Now, this is the final stage where ovulation starts. The mucus that will come out of the cervix is egg white in colour that can easily stretch between the fingers. After this period, a lady will start the mensuration stage.
These are the main hormonal changes that a lady went through that can easily determine the ovulation period. You can easily determine the period cycle with the help of ovulation cycle which the cervical mucus. The texture of the cervical mucus shifts from egg white to the stretchy substance then it turns to a sticky object resulting in dry.
What Does Cervical Mucus Look Like After Ovulation
However, there is a difference between the cervical mucus during ovulation and cervical mucus after ovulation. From the above points, you can easily understand about the cervical mucus during the ovulation period. But, Cervical mucus after ovulation will be comparatively thick in texture. If a lady is not pregnant then the texture will be stickier and dry in nature while in case of pregnancy they will either have no discharge or thick mucus.
Cervical mucus after Ovulation (If Pregnant)
When a lady is pregnant then the body undergoes certain hormonal changes. Ovulation is one of such hormonal changes that is faced by women. However, it has its own reason that is listed below:
- The cervical mucus is a process through which the bacteria are stopped from the reproductive system inflow.
- When this liquid starts to turn egg white in colour and sticky with texture then it means that your body is ready for pregnancy. The change in the mucus is to keep the sperm, which is transferred by a male, protected so that they can easily flow in the vagina.
- When a lady becomes pregnant then the cervix shifted to lower region from its original one. This shift is to keep the fetus protected to make sure that pregnancy is going the way it should be. However, during the initial days, the cervix mucus will thicken in order to keep any of the external bacteria away from the fetus.
- The reason that the colour and texture of mucus is changed is due to Estrogen. When a lady is pregnant then there is a drastic increase in the secretion of estrogen that will result in the change of texture of mucus.
- Then, the thick mucus will form a plug-like structure that is responsible to save the fetus. When it is time of the baby to come out when it comes out of the vagina in the form of a water
Until a lady reaches the plug stage, there will be an increase in the cervical mucus. It also helps in the increase of vagina’s blood flow. If you are in your initial phase of pregnancy then there is nothing to be worried about since it is healthy and normal for baby and mother. Even if you are scared of implantation bleeding then don’t be. For best answer consult your doctor. However, if you are scared of “How Long Does Implantation Bleeding Last” then don’t be since it will be similar to your mensuration cycle if there is nothing serious.
However, you can’t be sure just through ovulation about your pregnancy. Check Other Pregnancy Symptoms as well:
- Diarrhoea and stomach gas
- Fatigue and dizziness
- Food longings and distastes
- Mood swings due to hormonal changes
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slight cramps
- Swollen and tender breasts
You can always take a pregnancy test to be sure about your pregnancy. Stay Healthy.